Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wedding Poem


I was Running
Running as fast as I could
In the wrong 
direction
When a hand reached out
on a roof in front of a 
Swimming Pool
In New York City
It was a dead end
A good dead end
My heart skipped a beat
Before it ended up on a Tribeca
balcony with wine,
music, Laughter
and the feeling 
of this is so right
This is so right
2 weeks
and my belongings
became your belongings
4 months 
and my body became 
your body
and one more
little man
and then another 
little man
An apartment
turned into a house
A house at the Beach
and then
here we are
Together
Us Two
Us Four
and all of You
to Celebrate
Us Two
In Love

3 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 Fantastic poem, just as you are and as I know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and dreamy. . . is dreamy still a viable term today?

    ReplyDelete